- How to create a video from PowerPoint 2016
To download the file: Click the Download VLC button and save the DMG file to your Mac. Double-click the downloaded DMG file in your Downloads folder. Drag the VLC icon (the orange-and-white cone) to the Applications folder. 8/10 (145 votes) - Download Microsoft PowerPoint Mac Free. With the Mac version of Microsoft PowerPoint from the famous office suite, you can create all sorts of presentations integrating multimedia elements. When it comes to presenting a project or idea, giving a conference or explaining any. On the PowerPoint ribbon, on the Playback tab, select the Hide During Show check box. Use this option only if you set the audio clip to play automatically. Note that the audio icon is always visible unless you drag it off the slide.
It pays to know how to save PowerPoint as video. Whether you are preparing a PowerPoint presentation for work, school, non-profit, staff training or investor relations. Content marketing is one of the biggest trends of the past couple of years and knowing how to distribute your content via various media is critical to business success. This article will guide and show you, step by step, how to save your PowerPoint presentation in video format. Next, we discuss the advantages of PowerPoint to video conversion and how you can put a single presentation to greater use. This guide is written by 24Slides’ Powerpoint experts and includes instruction on using PowerPoint for Mac.
6 Reasons to save PowerPoint as video
So you are considering saving your PowerPoint presentation as video? Before we show you how to do it, let’s talk about why it’s a great idea to convert your PowerPoint to video.
- You can show your presentation to a wider audience by sharing the video on YouTube and other video platforms.
- Your audience do not need to have a copy of Microsoft PowerPoint to view your presentation.
- Burn your presentation video on CD or DVD and giveaway as promotional material to clients or potential customers.
- Leverage your presentation and increase the return on investment (ROI) of your presentations by distributing them as video.
- The technical ability of your audience will not become a barrier to delivering your message. Your video becomes easy to access without the knowledge and understanding of powerpoint.
- Your audience will see your presentation exactly as you have intended it to be seen. Unlike sharing it as a presentation, some slides may get deleted or changed.
Now that you know why you’re on the right track by learning how to save PowerPoint presentations as video, let’s get into the process of exactly how to do it.
How to save PowerPoint 2010 as a video
If you are still using PowerPoint 2010 to create your presentations, you’ll be pleased to know you can still convert your PowerPoint to video. The process is som simple that you’ll wonder why you haven’t been doing this all along.
Whether your presentation contains just text or is a multimedia presentation with sound narration, transitions and video, you will be able to convert it into video. Microsoft PowerPoint allows you to save PowerPoint as video in Windows Media Video (.wmv) file format. If you plan for sharing your presentation as a video before creating it, you can decide whether to record the narration before creating the presentation.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Create your PowerPoint presentation as normal and save it.
- If you’re using narration for your presentation, record the narration and add timings to the slideshow.
- Select the File menu and click on Save & Send.
- Under the Save & Send menu, find and click on Create a Video.
- Click on the Computer & HD Displays option to customise the video size and quality (small, medium and large size & quality).
- Click the Don’t Use Recorded Timings and Narrations to select if you’re using timings and narrations.
- Click Create Video and another dialogue box opens.
- Enter appropriate filename and saving location to save your newly created video.
Fnaf 1 download mac free. Once your presentation to video conversion is complete, the video is ready to share via Facebook, Youtube, Vimeo or email.
How to save a PowerPoint 2007 presentation as video
There are many users still running Microsoft Office 2007, hence PowerPoint 2007 on their computers. If you are one of them, don’t worry, there are ways to convert your PowerPoint to video using a bundled Microsoft product, Windows Movie Maker.
If you want to convert a PowerPoint 2007 presentation to video and you are running a newer version of the program, you can open the file within PowerPoint 2013. You can then use the Create a Video feature to convert your PowerPoint to video.
Alternatively, if you only have access to PowerPoint 2007 and have a copy of Windows Movie Maker installed, you can save your presentation as image files (.jpg). Once you’ve saved each slide, fire up Windows Movie Maker and start a new project.
Next, import all the slides you saved as images into the new project and create your video.
Note: You can include transitions in Windows Movie Maker. However, animations will not convert when you save the slides as image (.jpg) files. Make sure you modify your slides to remove any animations and ensure you do not lose vital parts of your message before saving as images.
If your presentation has narration, you can import the the sound file directly into Windows Movie Maker. If you do not have the source audio file, you can save the presentation as a web page (a separate .wav file is created). You can then import the .wav file into your Windows Movie Maker video.
How to convert your PowerPoint to video in PowerPoint 2013 in 7 Steps
Turning your PowerPoint 2013 presentation slides into a video is easier than you think. In seven simple steps, you can turn your presentation into a video you can share with viewers wherever they are. Here’s how you do it.
- Access Powerpoint’s Backstage View by clicking on File.
- Select Export and click on Create a Video to access the video export menu.
- Click on the Create a Video option and expand the Computer and HD Displays option to select output video size and quality settings.
- Click on the drop down arrow to expand the Use Recorded Timings and Narrations menu. Use this to select whether you’re using recorded timings or not. If not using recorded timings and narrations, set the duration of each slide using the timings option at the bottom.
- Click the Create Video button to show the Save As dialogue box.
- Select the location where you want to save your video and choose a suitable filename for the video file. Also choose the video file type.
- Click Save and PowerPoint will begin converting your presentation to video. This may take a couple of seconds or a few minutes depending on the size of your presentation.
When the video creation is complete, the video is ready to view, upload to your website, Facebook, YouTube or sharing by email.
How to save a presentation as a movie file in PowerPoint For Mac
If you have an Apple computer running a Mac version of PowerPoint, you can convert your presentation into a movie for easier and wider distribution. The process is similar to Windows system with the inevitable differences between the operating systems. In just a few simple steps, you will be able to turn your powerful presentation into a movie file. The following limitations apply:
- The output is a .mov file compatible with only the Quicktime player or 3rd party converting programs.
- You will lose transitions and animations within the presentation and so make sure you modify your presentation prior to converting it.
- You will also lose narration during the conversion process, you may wish to add the narration as an audio soundtrack to the movie.
The steps are as follows:
- Click on File and choose Save as Movie.
- Click Movie Options to add a background soundtrack (music or your narration) or credits.
- Click Movie Settings to adjust the output quality and video size settings. You can also choose the slide durations, to create a looping video and slide transitions under this option.
- Click OK to close the Movie Options dialogue box.
- Click Save to start creating your video. The process will take a couple of seconds or longer depending on the size and quality options you select.
Once the process is complete, your movie is ready for playback or to convert into other file formats and share via Social Media or other outlets. If you’re using PowerPoint for Mac 2008 and 2011, these steps will work for either.
How to create a video from PowerPoint 2016
You can create a full-fidelity video from your presentation in PowerPoint 2016 in MPEG-4 (.mp4) or Windows Media Video (.wmv) format. In just six steps, you can turn your presentation into a video you can share and distribute on Facebook, YouTube, burn to DVD or via email. Here’s how you go about it:
- Click on the File tab to show file options.
- Scroll down and select Export and navigate to Create a Video.
- Select your video settings preference (video quality, timings and narration, video size).
- Click on Create a Video.
- Choose a filename, saving location and video type (.mp4 or .wmv).
- Click on Save to start video creation process.
This article has shown you how to convert and save PowerPoint as video. Once you’ve delivered a powerful presentation to an audience, making it available afterwards is always a great idea, especially for training presentations. To maintain the presentation in its entirety, saving it as a video and distributing it is the best option. By converting a presentation to video, you are able to reach a wider audience through YouTube, Facebook and other video hosting and sharing sites. We hope you’ve gained some useful insights on how you can achieve that following the simple, step by step guides for the version of PowerPoint you are running.
Did you know?
At 24slides, we provide stunning Powerpoint presentation services and are able to help you and your team have an incredible presentation to film. Take a look at some examples of our work and let’s get in touch. Alternatively, feel free to browse and download hundreds of free Powerpoint templates from our library.
You might also find this interesting: How To Use Format Painter In PowerPoint
For sharing your ideas, delivering knowledge, releasing some new information or making commercial promotion vividly, PowerPoint presentations with embedded video clips, animation, audio, etc. become more and more popular. And for some special needs, the embedded video in PowerPoint presentations may be so important and impressive that you are required to extract video from PowerPoint. Then it may be definitely troublesome if you don't know how to extract video from PowerPoint.
In PowerPoint, the embedded video cannot be saved directly because there is no option of 'save as'. After you extract embedded video from PowerPoint, you could send it directly to your friends or other partners or even upload it to the video-sharing sites. Besides, extracting video from PowerPoint is necessary when the whole PPT file is in large size within the video. You could make it easier to play and view the extracted videos on various devices and video players than in PowerPoint software. When you need the embedded video for advertisement or publicity and you don't have the access to the original file, you could extract video from PowerPoint presentation as well. Fortunately, there are a variety of useful solutions on how to extract video from PowerPoint after you make a PowerPoint presentation.
Part 1: Formal ways to extract video from PowerPoint
There are some useful ways on how to extract video from PowerPoint. And here offer the formal way which is often used when it is necessary for you to extract video from PowerPoint presentation, using the features of PowerPoint.
Actually, PowerPoint files are essentially compressed ZIP files. Before you extract video from PowerPoint presentation, you could make your presentation seen as a ZIP file. And you could follow the steps to extract embedded video as it is shown below.
Step1: Turn on the file extensions in Windows 2007. You can open a Windows Explorer window, and click the “Organize” tab to choose “Folder and search options” to uncheck the box for “Hide extensions for known file types”. And then all the file extensions will be presented.
Step 2: Save a copy of your presentation at first to avoid damaging the original file and simply change the file extension from .pptx to .zip. A message will warn you about the change of extension.
Step 3: Double click the PPT folder and then go to “media” folder, and all your image and media files will be listed. Now you can copy the embedded video files and extract video from PowerPoint for free use.
Microsoft Powerpoint For Mac Download
Part 2: Use Leawo PowerPoint to Video Pro to extract Video from PowerPoint
Apart from the solution mentioned above, you could also extract video from PowerPoint presentation by using the powerful video converter. And Leawo PowerPoint to Video Pro would be the best recommended
Leawo PowerPoint to Video Pro is a powerful program designed to convert PowerPoint to all common video and audio formats like ASF, AVI, FLV, MPEG, MP4, TS, MOV, WMV, VOB, MP3, AAC, etc. What’s more, it can convert PowerPoint to various devices such as Apple devices, Tablet PC, mobile phone, PSP, etc. After conversion, you will be allowed to view the PowerPoint content on video-sharing websites and portable devices with all the animations, transitions, sounds and video clips reserved. Such as, you can upload the converted PowerPoint video files to the video sharing sites like YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, Metacafe and so on. Besides, it is capable of converting PPT to video in batches so that you can make your PPT files into one video if necessary.
In order to extract video from PowerPoint, you could download the program and install it on your PC. And then you start it to enter the main window and follow the guide below:
PowerPoint to Video Pro
☉ Support PowerPoint 2000/2002/2003/2007/2010/2013.
Download Video From Powerpoint Mac Free
☉ Support all PPT formats: PPT, PPTX, PPTM, PPS, PPSX, POT, POTX, POTM.
☉ Adjust video and audio parameters of output files.
☉ Customize PowerPoint files like: insert background music/watermark, set transition, real-time narration.
Download Video From Powerpoint Mac Free
Step1: Add PowerPoint files to the program
For extracting video from PowerPoint, you could copy the PowerPoint files first to avoid damaging the original files, and then leave the slides with the embedded video by deleting the irrelevant slides. Click on the “Add” icon to import the newly formed presentation files to the converter. And the number of the PPT files you could add is unlimited.
Step 2: Output settings for the converted video
After importing PPT files, you can choose the output video format you need from the “Profile” drop-down list and set the output folder for the converted video files in “Output” box.
Advanced Settings Offered
Video and audio parameters of the selected profile can be adjusted in advanced setting dialogue box. You could click “Settings” to enter the advanced setting panel to change video codec, bit rate, video size, aspect ratio, frame rate, audio codec, channel, etc.
Step 3: Customization for the PowerPoint file
Click on the “Customize” icon to pop up customize settings box, where you can adjust the conversion settings, including:
Timing: Set the transition time between the slides.
Music: Set the background music for the PPT files.
Audio: Check to ignore the audio file for the selected PPT files.
Slide:Choose for keeping the original slide aspect ratio.
Watermark: Add watermark for advertising or protecting your PowerPoint copyright.
Step 4: Convert the PowerPoint files to Video
Click on the “Start” icon to start converting PPT files to video and you will get the embedded video in minutes. It allows you to preview the output video in real time during conversion.
Definitely, with the professional PowerPoint converter, you are able to extract video from PowerPoint presentation easily. Additionally, it is also simple to extract embedded video from PowerPoint with its own feature. PowerPoint software is so powerful that you can not only know how to make a commercial using PowerPoint but also extract video from it. However, it might crack when using the PowerPoint software. To extract video from PowerPoint safely and effectively, you can take the two solutions in consideration and choose the one you like.