On iCloud.com, click Photos and select a photo or video.Hold the command key on your Mac or control key on your PC to select multiple photos or videos. Click and hold the download button in the upper corner of the window. How to download iCloud photos to your Mac using Photos. If you just want to make sure that you have a full-res copy of a photo on your Mac before deleting it from your iPhone, you can download the.
There is no option to select All Photos on iCloud, which makes it difficult to select All Photos at once in iCloud. However, it is possible to download All Photos from iCloud to Mac using two different methods as provided below.
Download ALL Photos from iCloud to PC
While iCloud Photos is considered to be a safe and secure place to store your memories, it is a good idea to download All your Photos from iCloud to Mac as a precautionary measure.
Just like having an insurance policy, an additional backup of all your Photos on Mac will provide you with peace of mind that you do have a backup, in case something happens to your iCloud Account.
Another common reason for downloading photos from iCloud is to Free Up iCloud Storage Space by deleting iCloud Photos after downloading them to Mac.
So, let us go ahead and take a look at the steps to select All Photos on iCloud and download them to your computer.
1. Download All Photos from iCloud to Mac Using Safari
If you want to download Photos directly from icloud.com, you can follow the steps below to download All Photos from iCloud to Mac.
1. Open the Safari browser on your Mac and go to icloud.com
2. Sign-in to your iCloud Account by entering your Apple ID and Password.
3. After you are signed-in to iCloud, click on the Photos Icon.
4. In iCloud Photos, click on the Photos Tab and press Command+A to select all Photos on iCloud.
Note: If Command+A is not working, make sure iCloud Photos is enabled on your iPhone.
Download Icloud Photo Library On Mac
5. After selecting All Photos, click on the Download icon (See image in step 4 above) to start the process of downloading All the selected Photos to your Mac.
Note: At the time of writing, iCloud download limit stands at 1,000 Photos. This means that you can only download up to 999 photos at a time from iCloud to Mac.
If you have more than 1,000 photos to download, try to select and download 500 Photos at a time.
To select 500 Photos, click on the First Photo > Scroll down 50 rows > Hold down the Shift key on the keyboard of your Mac and click on the Last Photo in 50th row.
2. Download All Photos from iCloud to Mac Using Photos App
The easiest way to select and download Photos from iCloud to Mac is by using the Photos App on Mac. Also, this method has no limit on the number of Photos being downloaded.
1. Open the Photos App on your Mac and wait for All Photos to Load.
Stop Icloud Download On Mac
2. Once All the Photos are loaded, switch to ‘All Photos’ view by clicking on the All Photos tab.
3. Next, press Command+A Keys on the keyboard of your Mac to select all the Photos on iCloud.
4. After selecting All Photos, simply drag the highlighted Photos to Desktop or a Folder on your Mac
Mathtype 7 key mac. The time to Download Photos from iCloud to Mac will depend on the number of Photos in your iCloud Account and the speed of your internet connection.
Before you begin
- Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to the latest iOS or iPadOS, and your Mac to the latest macOS.
- Set up iCloud on all of your devices.
- Make sure that you’re signed in to iCloud with the same Apple ID on all of your devices.
- If you have a Windows PC, update to Windows 7 or later and download iCloud for Windows.
If you have a device that can't update to the latest iOS or macOS, see the minimum system requirements to use iCloud Drive.
Set up iCloud Drive everywhere that you want to access and edit your files.
On your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
- Go to Settings > [your name].
- Tap iCloud.
- Turn on iCloud Drive.
You can find your iCloud Drive files in the Files app.
If you're using iOS 10 or iOS 9, tap Settings > iCloud > iCloud Drive. Turn on iCloud Drive, and tap Show on Home Screen. Then you'll find your files in the iCloud Drive app.
On your Mac
- Go to Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Apple ID. If you’re using macOS Mojave or earlier, you don’t need to click Apple ID.
- Select iCloud.
- Sign in with your Apple ID, if you need to.
- Select iCloud Drive.
If you want to add the files from your Mac Desktop and Documents folder to iCloud Drive, update your Mac to macOS Sierra or later then turn on Desktop and Documents. On your Mac, you can find the files on your Desktop and in your Documents folder in Finder under iCloud. If you add a second Mac Desktop, the files from your second Mac won't automatically merge with the files on your first Mac. Go to your Desktop and Documents folders in iCloud Drive, then look for a folder with the same name as your second Mac.
- Sign in to iCloud.com.
- Select Pages, Numbers, or Keynote.
- Click Upgrade to iCloud Drive, if you are asked to upgrade.
On your Windows PC
After you set up iCloud Drive on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac, you can set it up on your Windows PC.
- Go to Start, open Apps or Programs, and open iCloud for Windows.
- Enter your Apple ID to sign in to iCloud.
- Select iCloud Drive, then click Apply.
Icloud Photos Download On Mac
After you set up iCloud Drive, any documents that you've already stored in iCloud are automatically moved to iCloud Drive. Your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch keep your files in the Files app in addition to the Pages, Numbers, and Keynote apps. If you don't see your files in these apps, they might be on a device that doesn't have iCloud Drive turned on.
Open Icloud On Mac
Learn more about using iCloud Drive.