These devices can export videos with 4K resolution. The latest version of iMovie, version 10.1.11 requires OS X 10.11.2 or later. Is there a better alternative? In general, other entry-level video editing tools don’t hold up to iMovie’s sleek and intuitive interface and its vast array of features. Apple released iMovie 9.0.9 for Mac on Tuesday. The update improves support for importing projects from iMovie for iOS. It also includes a bug fix and unspecified stability improvements.
Turn your videos into movie magic.
With iMovie for iOS and macOS, you can enjoy your videos like never before. It’s easy to browse your clips and create Hollywood-style trailers and stunning 4K-resolution movies. You can even start editing on iPhone or iPad, then finish on your Mac.
Download iMovie for iOS
Download iMovie for macOS
Easy. From the first
scene to the last.
Whether you’re using a Mac or an iOS device, it’s never been easier to make it in the movies. Just choose your clips, then add titles, music, and effects. iMovie even supports 4K video for stunning cinema-quality films. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is a wrap.
Edit Like a Pro
With iMovie, create professional-looking videos without an editing degree. Easily add photos and videos to projects, trim clips with your finger, add seamless transitions, and fade audio like a pro.
Choose from 13 creative video filters that add a cinematic touch. Give your film a nostalgic silent‑era style, a vintage western appearance, or a fun comic book look. It's simple to apply filters to individual clips or your entire movie, and adjust the intensity on your iPhone or iPad.
Make action shots more exciting by slowing them down. Let viewers fly through scenes by speeding them up. Or add a broadcast feel to your school report with picture-in-picture and split-screen effects.
Rock your video with over 80 smart soundtracks on iOS that intelligently adjust to match the length of your movie. You can also add built-in sound effects or record your own voiceover to create a video that sounds as good as it looks.
Whether you're making a silent film, moving a story forward, or simply have something to say, iMovie titles and backgrounds let you quickly create personalized title cards, credits, and more on your iPhone and iPad. Easily customize titles by choosing your favorite fonts and colors, pinching to scale, placing them over photos or videos, and then positioning them onscreen wherever you like. Plus, you can select background colors, gradients, and patterns, adjust title and background durations, or even add a graphic or logo to make your mark.
Transport yourself with green-screen effects.
Go everywhere you’ve always wanted to — without leaving home. With green-screen effects in iMovie for iOS and macOS, you can place yourself or your characters in exotic locations with a tap or a click. Masking controls and strength adjustments let you fine-tune the effect for maximum believability.
Imovie 9.0 Download Mac Version
You have hundreds of videos. And one big dream to be a moviemaker. iMovie trailers let you quickly create fun, Hollywood-style movie trailers from all that footage. Choose from a range of templates in almost any genre, pick your studio logo, and type in your movie title and credits. Then add photos and videos to the storyboard. Whether you’re using an iPhone, iPad, or Mac, you’ll have an instant blockbuster.
iMovie for iOS and iMovie for macOS are designed to work together. You can start cutting a project on your iPhone, then use AirDrop or iCloud Drive to wirelessly transfer it to your iPad. You can also send a project from your iPhone or iPad to your Mac for finishing touches like color correction and animated maps. And you can even open iMovie projects in Final Cut Pro to take advantage of professional editing tools. Time to take a bow.
iMovie on MacBook Pro
You have a great touch
for making movies.
iMovie is even easier to use with MacBook Pro, featuring the revolutionary Touch Bar. The most useful commands automatically appear on the keyboard, right where you need them. And MacBook Pro easily powers through demanding 4K video projects so you can edit and export in record time.
iMovie on iPad Pro
A powerful performance in every movie.
iMovie delivers a tour de force on iPad Pro. Work with multiple 4K video clips. Create effects like green screen, picture‑in‑picture, or split screen and play them back instantly. Use the all-new Magic Keyboard for iPad Pro with trackpad support for an extra level of speed and precision when editing. And with the USB‑C port on iPad Pro, you can connect to an external display to show others your latest cut in 4K while you work.
iMovie in the Classroom
come to life.
Engage your students through video storytelling. Students can use green-screen effects to go back in time for history projects, or create split-screen and picture-in-picture effects to report on current events. Drag-and-drop trailers make it even simpler to create beautiful, personal projects that look and sound great. And iMovie for iOS works with ClassKit, so teachers can assign projects to students, and students can easily hand in their finished assignments right from the app.
Make Movie Magic.
iMovie is easy to use, and it’s free. Just click to download and install on your Mac or iOS device.
Clips is a free iOS app for making and sharing fun videos with text, effects, graphics, and more.
With a streamlined design and intuitive editing features, iMovie lets you create Hollywood-style trailers and beautiful movies like never before. Browse your video library, share favorite moments, and create beautiful movies that you can edit at resolutions up to 4K. You can even start editing movies on an iPhone or iPad, and finish them on a Mac.
Browse and share video
- See all your video clips and photos organized in one place
- Quickly share a clip or a portion of a clip
- Background import lets you begin watching and sharing video instantly
Make Hollywood-style trailers
- Choose from 29 trailer templates with stunning graphics and original scores by some of the world’s top film composers
- Customize movie studio logos, cast names, and credits
- Select the best videos and photos for your trailer with the help of animated drop zones
Create beautiful 4K and HD movies
- Edit movies at up to 4K resolution with video from iPhone 6s or later, GoPro, and other Ultra HD cameras on compatible Macs (1)
- Support for 1080p HD video at 60 frames per second for smoother, more life-like action shots
- Import movies and trailers created using iMovie on iPhone or iPad to finish them on your Mac
- Enhance your movie by adding titles, transitions, and 3D globes and travel maps
- Speed up and slow down the action with fast-forward and slow-motion effects
- Create sophisticated picture-in-picture, side-by-side, and green screen effects
- Create a soundtrack using built-in music and sound effects, songs from your iTunes library, songs you’ve recorded in GarageBand, and your own narration
Fine-tune every clip
- Instantly improve the look and sound of your video using one-click Enhance
- Give your video a boost with easy-to-use color controls
- Stabilize shaky video for a smoother picture that’s easier to watch
- Automatically zoom in on faces and glide across panorama photos with the Ken Burns Effect
- Choose from 48 fun video and audio effects
- Send your project to Final Cut Pro and take advantage of advanced editing tools, professional effects, third-party plug-ins, and more
Imovie 9 Download Mac
Share with friends and family
- Email videos with Mail Drop when signed in to iCloud
- Share directly to YouTube and Vimeo at up to 4K resolution
- Share any video frame as an image
Create App Previews for the App Store
- Import iPhone and iPad screen recording videos captured with QuickTime Player
- Highlight features with 11 animated titles designed to showcase apps in action
- Export finished videos using the App Preview share option
(1) 4K export requires a Mac from 2011 or later with at least 4 GB RAM. Hp officejet pro 8600 utility download mac installer.
Full-resolution 4K playback is supported on iMac with Retina display and Mac Pro (2013 or later) when connected to a 4K display.
- Add a hand drawn look to your movies with 5 new filters: Comic, Comic Mono, Comic Vintage, Comic Sepia and Ink
- Import iMovie for iOS projects with support for Comic, Comic Mono and Ink filters
- Improves overall stability