“Is there any similar media converter program to MPEG Streamclip? I have used MPEG Streamclip on my Mac computer for years. But just a few days ago I got some Blu-ray discs and I found that MPEG Streamclip couldn’t convert these Blu-ray discs to digital video files. MPEG Streamclip is a really wonderful tool, but I now want a similar program that could handle Blu-ray discs. Is there any MPEG Streamclip alternative for Mac? Please help.”
- Mpeg Screen Clip
- Squared 5 Mpeg Streamclip
- Mpeg Streamclip Download Mac High Sierra
- Mpeg Streamclip Mac Download Free
- Mpeg Streamclip For Mac 10.8 Free Download
- Mpeg Streamclip App
MPEG Streamclip (with or without the MPEG-2 Playback Component) can also convert MPEG-2 transport streams into muxed MPEG-2 files, for immediate burning at full quality with Toast 6 or 7 and Sizzle; it can also demux MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 files and transport streams with MPEG, AC3, PCM audio to M2V and AIFF (or M1A or AC3) files, for immediate. MPEG Streamclip for Mac is a free and powerful video player, converter, and editor. Designed by Squared 5, the software can also be used to download videos from the internet, cut and join clips, and encode files to different formats. It comes with a variety of features as well as a user-friendly dashboard.
As one of the best comprehensive media converter suite, MPEG Streamclip helps you handle most media conversions between videos. You could even edit these media files within MPEG Streamclip according to your own needs. However, MPEG Streamclip can’t handle Blu-ray discs. If you are looking for an alternative to MPEG Streamclip, you have come to the right place. Here we would like to share 3 best MPEG Streamclip alternatives for Mac and Windows computer users.
Part 1: Brief Introduction to MPEG Streamclip
Let’s firstly get to know what MPEG Streamclip is. As known to all, MPEG Streamclip is a powerful free video converter, player, editor for Mac and Windows. With MPEG Stramclip, you can:
- -Open and play most movie formats including MPEG files or transport streams;
- -Convert MPEG files between muxed/demuxed formats for authoring;
- -Encode movies to many formats, including iPod;
- -Edit these media files with Cut, Copy, Paste, Join and Trim editing features.
- -Download videos from YouTube and Google by entering the page URL.
- -Set In/Out points and convert them into muxed or demuxed files,
- -Export media files to QuickTime, AVI, DV and MPEG-4 files with more than professional quality.
So, you can easily import them in a DVD authoring tool, and use them with many other applications or devices.
This free application requires Windows XP or Windows Vista or Windows 7, but may also work in Windows 2000 and in Linux with WINE; it does not work in Windows 95/98/SE/ME. You have to download and install QuickTime, using one of these two installers (but NOT both): Apple QuickTime 7 free player or KL QuickTime Alternative 1.81
Supported input formats of MPEG Streamclip include: MPEG, VOB, PS, M2P, MOD, VRO, DAT, MOV, DV, AVI, MP4, TS, M2T, MMV, REC, VID, AVR, M2V, M1V, MPV, AIFF, M1A, MP2, MPA, AC3, etc. Obviously, if you want to handle Blu-ray discs, MPEG Streamclip isn’t the perfect tool. You have to turn to some MPEG Streamclip alternatives. We have listed 3 best MPEG Streamclip alternatives below.
Part 2: Best MPEG Streamclip Alternative for Windows/Mac - Leawo Prof. Media
The best of best MPEG Streamclip alternatives for Windows/Mac users is Leawo Prof. Media, which is an all-inclusive media converter suite that includes convert, burn, copy, download, edit, 2D to 3D conversion, etc. Similar to MPEG Streamclip, Leawo Prof. Media Ultra is also available in both Windows and Mac versions for Windows/Mac users.
Leawo Prof. Media includes multiple modules: Video Converter, Video Downloader, Blu-ray Ripper, Blu-ray Copy, Blu-ray Creator, DVD Ripper, DVD Creator, DVD Copy, Video Editor, 2D to 3D Converter, etc. With Leawo Prof. Media, you could do the following things:
- -Convert video and audio files between 200+ file formats like MP4, AVI, WMV, MOV, MKV, FLV, MP3, AAC, etc. for various media players and devices like iOS devices, Android smartphones and tablets, Microsoft devices, etc.
- -Decrypt, rip and convert Blu-ray/DVD movies to video/audio files in 200+ file formats for various media players and devices. You could even rip and convert 4K Blu-ray movies to 4K MP4 or 4K MKV files without quality loss.
- -Convert and burn video files in nearly all formats to Blu-ray/DVD disc, folder and/or ISO image files, with disc region code and DVD video mode adjustable.
- -Decrypt, copy and back up Blu-ray/DVD movies to computer hard drive or blank disc in Full Movie, Movie-only or Custom Mode. 1:1 quality lossless backup is supported.
- Download online videos from YouTube, Facebook, Veoh, VEVO, and other 1000+ video sharing websites.
- -Turn photos into photo slideshow videos and then save in various formats for various formats, or even burn photos to Blu-ray/DVD content, with generated photo slideshow editable.
- -Edit Blu-ray/DVD/video files before converting or burning. Multiple editing features are available: trim video length, add image or text watermark, crop video size, adjust video effect, apply 3D effect, rotate video, remove noise, create chapter (only for burning to BD), etc.
- -Add disc menu from preset disc menu themes, and even design disc menu to make output Blu-ray/DVD content patent. You could add background music/image/video, adjust disc menu title font, color, size, content, position, etc.
- -Break disc protection upon Blu-ray/DVD discs and remove the region restrictions. Get rid of AACS, BD+ and the latest MKB protection upon Blu-ray discs, and CSS protection upon DVD discs for copy-protection free content.
- -Play back media files, even encrypted Blu-ray/DVD movies within Leawo Prof. Media, and preview any changes during editing, disc menu editing, etc.
- -Select subtitles and audio tracks from source media files. You could even add external subtitles to loaded video files.
- -Snap screenshots anytime you like during playback.
- -Leawo Prof. Media supports multiple GPU acceleration technologies, including NVIDIA CUDA, AMD APP, and Intel Quick Sync. It’s 6X faster than other similar tools.
Obviously, compared to MPEG Streamclip, Leawo Prof. Media has more features and functions to enhance your digital entertainment. If you want to know how to use Leawo Prof. Media, you could check Leawo Prof. Media user guide page. Which delivers detailed tutorial upon Leawo Prof. Media.
Part 3: Other Best MPEG Streamclip Alternatives for Windows/Mac
Mpeg Screen Clip
Leawo Prof. Media is a shareware tool, which means you can get a 30-day free trial version and then you have to pay for the tool to continue using its functions. Is there any free MPEG Streamclip alternative for Windows/Mac? Of course yes. Check the below 2 alternatives to MPEG Streamclip.
HandBrake is an open-source video transcoder available for Linux, Mac, and Windows. Everyone can use HandBrake to make videos for free. HandBrake is a post-production tool. Its primary purpose is to convert videos from supported source formats to MP4 or MKV format.
With HandBrake, you could:
- -Convert nearly any video to MP4 or MKV
- -Crop and resize video
- -Restore old and low-quality video
- -Remove combing artifacts caused by interlacing and telecine
- -Pass-through audio without conversion for certain audio types
- -Downmix discrete surround sound to matrixed surround or stereo
- -Adjust audio volume levels, and dynamic range for certain audio types
- -Preserve existing subtitles, and add or remove soft subtitles (subtitles stored as text)
Squared 5 Mpeg Streamclip
However, there are also some disadvantages of HandBrake. Compared to MPEG Streamclip and Leawo Prof. Media, HandBrake can’t do the following things:
- -Combine multiple video clips into one
- -Pass-through video without conversion (video is always converted)
- -Create Blu-ray, AVCHD, or DVD discs
- -Decrypt copy-protections upon Blu-ray/DVD discs. You have to install disc decrypting plugins for HandBrake such as libdvdcss to get rid of the disc protection and region restriction.
- -Handle multiple tasks at one time.
Format Factory is software that allows the user to convert media into various file formats. The software is a product of PC Free Time, a Chinese software development company. The company is responsible for two other works: Picosmos Tools, which is used for creating and editing images, and Picosmos Shows, which creates slideshows for viewing an image collection across multiple devices.
- Format Factory is free.
- The app has an easy and clean user interface.
- It supports a wider range of media files.
- Video Joiner, Audio Joiner and Mux features come as bonus.
Mpeg Streamclip Download Mac High Sierra
- The app is Windows only.
- The context menu options seem to have compatibility issues with Windows 8.1.
- Format Factor doesn’t copy and back up Blu-ray/DVD content to disc.
- Installer includes potentially unwanted programs (though these can be deselected).
Part 4: Comparison and Conclusion
Mpeg Streamclip Mac Download Free
All these 3 tools mentioned above are top alternatives to MPEG Streamclip for Windows/Mac. You could check the below table to learn their differences with MPEG Stramclip.
Mpeg Streamclip For Mac 10.8 Free Download
Leawo Blu-ray Ripper
Convert video/audio/image files
Video/audio files only
Convert Blu-ray/DVD to video/audio
Copy and back up Blu-ray/DVD
Burn video/photos to Blu-ray/DVD
Edit Blu-ray/DVD movies
Edit video files
Input media files
Video/audio files in MPEG, VOB, VRO, DAT, MOV, DV, AVI, MP4, AIFF, M1A, MP2, MPA, AC3, etc.
Blu-ray, DVD, video and audio files in 200+ different formats, image files
Video, DVD, Blu-ray
Video, DVD, Blu-ray, images
Supported output format
Blu-ray, DVD, video and audio files in 200+ formats
Video and audio files in 200+ formats
Play back videos
Abstract mac download. Yes
Play back Blu-ray/DVD movies
Download online videos
Select subtitles and audio tracks
2D to 3D conversion
Support “Audio Copy” audio output support, to retain 5.1/7.1 audio channel output.
NVIDIA CUDA, Intel Quick Sync, AMD APP
Windows and Mac
Windows and Mac
Mpeg Streamclip App
MPEG Streamclip is a wonderful tool. It’s totally free and should be a wonderful choice. However, if you want to handle encrypted Blu-ray/DVD content, Leawo Prof. Media would be a better choice. If you simply want to encode video files to MP4 or MKV, HandBrake is wonderful. Format Factory acts partly as MPEG Streamclip does, so does HandBrake. Among all these 3 best alternatives to MPEG Streamclip, Leawo Prof. Media is without doubt the best since it even gets some practical and useful features MPEG Streamclip doesn’t have.