Choose from hundreds of free MacBook wallpapers. Download HD wallpapers for free on Unsplash. Download Live Desktop - Live Wallpapers for macOS 10.11 or later and enjoy it on your Mac. Live desktop - Animated Live Wallpapers and Themes. Featured by Apple in 'Our Top Picks for MacBook Pro' Featured by Apple in ' Apps that we love' Beautiful New TouchBar Support for New MacBook Pro Featured on Product Hunt, Life Hacker, Macrumors. The My Book Live is compatible with Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard or 10.6 Snow Leopard as well as Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7. A 1TB version retails for $170 with the 2TB model costing $230.
Oct 13, 2020 • Filed to: Answer Hard Drive Problems • Proven solutions
Help - WD My Book Data Recovery!
Relax! Data on your Western Digital My Book external hard drive might be lost because of unintentional deletion, system error, drive formatting, virus infection, and even improper operation. As long as your music and photos are not overwritten by new data on your WD My Book external hard drive, you can possibly get them back. They are just marked as inaccessible data on your drive. When data loss happens, you just need to look for a Western Digital data recovery program to help you get files from the WD external hard disk immediately.
- Part 1. Recoverit - The Best WD Data Recovery Software
- Part 2. How to Recover Data from WD My Book External Hard Drive
- Part 3. WD My Book Troubleshooting
Part 1. Recoverit - The Best WD Data Recovery Software
My Book Live Download Mac Free
Recoverit Data Recovery is my best recommendation for you. Gta 5 mac os download. This third-party WD recovery program enables you to recover data from WD My Book external hard drive in an easy and safe way. It is the powerful Western Digital data recovery software that helps you recover almost all types of files from your WD My Book external hard drive, such as music, photos, videos, documents, etc, no matter your file is deleted, formatted or corrupted.
Recoverit - The Best Western Digital Data Recovery Software
- Recover lost or deleted files, photos, audio, music, emails from WD external hard disk effectively, safely and completely.
- Supports data recovery from recycle bin, hard drive, memory card, flash drive, digital camera, and camcorders.
- Supports to recover data for sudden deletion, formatting, lost partition, virus attack, system crash under different situations.
Part 2. How to Recover Data from WD My Book External Hard Drive
1. Video: Recover Data from Western Digital External Hard Drive
In this video, we demonstrate to you the way of recovering lost or deleted files from WD external hard drive. Watch it and you will get to know the procedure in detail.
2. How to Recover Data from WD External Hard Disk
Free download and install Recoverit Data Recovery on your computer. The following WD My Book data recovery guide is done with Recoverit Data Recovery for Windows. If you have a Mac, you can get a Mac version to follow similar steps to recover your lost data from WD My Book external hard drive.
Note: Please make sure that your WD My Book external hard drive can be recognized by your computer.
Select a data recovery mode
To recover lost, deleted, formatted, and corrupted files from your WD My Book external hard drive, you can go to select 'External Devices Recovery' to start.
Select the location of WD My Book external hard drive
You just need to select the drive letter for your WD My Book external hard drive in the window and click the 'Start' button to begin scanning lost data on it.
Scan your WD My Book external hard drive
If the first scan cannot search your data, you can do a deep scan with the 'All-around Recovery' data recovery mode which will deeply search more data and take more time.
Recover files from WD My Book external hard drive
In the end, detected data on your Western Digital external hard drive will be displayed in the program window. You can view file names to check how many of your lost data can be recovered from your WD My Book external hard drive.
Then you just need to mark files you want and click 'Recover' to save them to your computer.
Note: Please do not save them back to your WD My Book external hard drive immediately after the recovery process.
Part 3. WD My Book Troubleshooting
Western Digital external hard drive is well-known for its reliability and durability. But nothing can be used repeatedly without any wear and tear. WD My Book external hard disk is no exception. Some issues might happen with a WD external hard disk, such as hard drive crash, undetected WD hard drive, bad sector, etc. Yet how do you know if the external hard drive is damaged or fails? Here we list some ways to help you make a correct diagnosis before deciding to replace it and recover lost data.
- Make sure the WD external hard drive is securely connected to the computer through a tough power cable and data cable. If it does but you can't access the data, it might mean the Western Digital drive is damaged.
- Notice whether there are abnormal noises, like clicking, grinding and scratching, when WD My Book is working. If yes, you might need to consider backing up or recovering data from the WD hard drive immediately.
- Verify the computer you are using is working normally. Sometimes the computer crash can cause inaccessible data and external hard drive. So you can connect WD My Book to another healthy computer.
These ways can help you simply check whether your Western Digital My Book hard drive is damaged or not, so as to prevent you from going into atray. Besides, if you want to use an external hard drive for a longer time, you should take good care of it. Here are what you can do to protect your Western Digital My Book external hard drive.
- It is better to unplug the Western Digital external hard drive with the computer off.
- Hold the side of a WD hard drive to avoid touching the PCB connectors or assembly.
- Do not shock your WD external hard disk such as dropping, jolting, or shaking the drive.
- Don't put anything light or heavy on the top of your Western Digital My Book hard drive.
Bad External Hard Drive Troubleshooting:
The Bottom Line
With the best professional data recovery software - Recoverit Data Recovery, a variety of data can be recovered from Western Digital My Book external hard drive without much effort. This data undelete software can let you get rid of the worries about data loss anytime anywhere. So if you suffer from some issues with Western Digital My Book hard drive which causes data loss, don't panic. Download the WD data recovery program and start retrieving lost files back.
What's Wrong with Drive
- Recover Your Drive
- Fix Your Drive
- Format/Wipe Drive
- Know Your Drive
These advanced steps are primarily for system administrators and others who are familiar with the command line. You don't need a bootable installer to upgrade macOS or reinstall macOS, but it can be useful when you want to install on multiple computers without downloading the installer each time.
Find My Mac
Find the appropriate download link in the upgrade instructions for each macOS version:
macOS Catalina, macOS MojaveormacOS High Sierra
Installers for each of these macOS versions download directly to your Applications folder as an app named Install macOS Catalina, Install macOS Mojave or Install macOS High Sierra. If the installer opens after downloading, quit it without continuing installation. Important: To get the correct installer, download from a Mac that is using macOS Sierra 10.12.5 or later, or El Capitan 10.11.6. Enterprise administrators, please download from Apple, not a locally hosted software-update server.
OS X El Capitan
El Capitan downloads as a disk image. On a Mac that is compatible with El Capitan, open the disk image and run the installer within, named InstallMacOSX.pkg. It installs an app named Install OS X El Capitan into your Applications folder. You will create the bootable installer from this app, not from the disk image or .pkg installer.
Use the 'createinstallmedia' command in Terminal
- Connect the USB flash drive or other volume that you're using for the bootable installer. Make sure that it has at least 12GB of available storage and is formatted as Mac OS Extended.
- Open Terminal, which is in the Utilities folder of your Applications folder.
- Type or paste one of the following commands in Terminal. These assume that the installer is still in your Applications folder, and MyVolume is the name of the USB flash drive or other volume you're using. If it has a different name, replace
MyVolumein these commands with the name of your volume.
- Press Return after typing the command.
- When prompted, type your administrator password and press Return again. Terminal doesn't show any characters as you type your password.
- When prompted, type
Yto confirm that you want to erase the volume, then press Return. Terminal shows the progress as the bootable installer is created.
- When Terminal says that it's done, the volume will have the same name as the installer you downloaded, such as Install macOS Catalina. You can now quit Terminal and eject the volume.
* If your Mac is using macOS Sierra or earlier, include the
--applicationpath argument, similar to the way this argument is used in the command for El Capitan.
Use the bootable installer
After creating the bootable installer, follow these steps to use it:
- Plug the bootable installer into a compatible Mac.
- Use Startup Manager or Startup Disk preferences to select the bootable installer as the startup disk, then start up from it. Your Mac will start up to macOS Recovery.
Learn about selecting a startup disk, including what to do if your Mac doesn't start up from it.
- Choose your language, if prompted.
- A bootable installer doesn't download macOS from the Internet, but it does require the Internet to get information specific to your Mac model, such as firmware updates. If you need to connect to a Wi-Fi network, use the Wi-Fi menu in the menu bar.
- Select Install macOS (or Install OS X) from the Utilities window, then click Continue and follow the onscreen instructions.
For more information about the
createinstallmedia command and the arguments that you can use with it, make sure that the macOS installer is in your Applications folder, then enter this path in Terminal:
My Book Live Download Mac Version
My Book Live Download Mac Os